Kim is a registered architect and an equity Director at the practice.
Prior to joining Cottee Parker Architects, Kim gained experience working on a diverse range of projects locally and internationally. These projects were based in regional centres, major population hubs and capital cities.
Having entered the professional as an in-experienced graduate, Kim started “at the bottom” and has progressed through to the role of Project Director. This vocational experience has given him a unique insight into how to best deliver design outcomes. His clients most often comment that Kim is good to work with because he isn’t “too precious” about his designs.
Kim has a reputation for balancing his design flare with the pragmatic demands of the development industry. For Kim, the best outcome for the client is one that meets their brief, is on budget and leaves an enduring sense of place on the built environment.
With balance sheet responsibility for the practice’s Infrastructure Unit, Kim has developed design expertise in public transport infrastructure. This expertise includes the widely accepted design for manufacture and assembly construction method.
- Registered Architect (Qld) – 3629
- Bachelor of Architecture (UTas)
- Bachelor of Arts – Environmental Design (Tasmanian State Institute of Technology)
Relevant project experience
(from 2000 onwards)
- Australian Federal Police Building
- Brisbane Airport ($20.0m)
- Gold Coast Light Rail Bid ($1.0b)
- Northern Busway Infrastructure ($4.0b)
- Airport Link Infrastructure
- BER Schools, 21 Facilities ($40.0m)
- The Spine, Brisbane Airport ($3.3m)
- Hale Street Residential, Townsville ($4.5m)
- Flynn Apartments, Brisbane CBD ($17.0m)
- 550 Queen Street Brisbane CBD ($42.0m)
- Emporium Building H, Fortitude Valley ($6.0m)
- Robina SuperCentre, Robina ($15.0m)
- Woolworths, Sturt Street, Townsville ($8.0m)
- Mayfair on Manly, Manly ($7.0m)
- 950 Gympie Road, Chermside ($15.0m)
- Northbank Plaza, Brisbane ($35.0m)
- ICB, Herston ($35.0m)
- RAAF Base, Townsville ($70.0m)
- Army Aviation, Oakey ($76.0m)
- CBIC Green Square ($55.0m)